Package: Basic annual salary in region of £38-£48k dependent upon experience. Payment of professional subscriptions: 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas closure; Company Pension. Support of a wider practice based across the Midlands.
Background to appointment
GCA Consulting are a well-established multi-disciplinary firm, with a diverse workload of £1-15, schemes. We have a vacancy for a Chartered Structural Engineer at our Leicester office to support the existing team and develop new work streams.
We offer a varied and interesting workload and a unique opportunity for an experienced Structural Engineer to develop their own client portfolio and work under their own direction.
It is anticipated that the successful candidate will be Chartered (or on the path to Chartership), with 8 years plus hands-on experience working with a range of materials. In addition, you will have a confident and proactive approach to developing new business
- The office has a leading reputation in core design areas on both existing and new structures ranging from small domestic to large commercial projects
- Key project areas are residential, new build, education, religious, industrial, commercial, conversions, extension and alterations, heritage and conservation and a reputation for support of specialist sub-contractors
- The scope of the role is dependent on the skills and experience of the individual
- You will have sound technical knowledge with the ability to convey precise information both in writing and verbally
- Ultimately, you will have the desire to develop, supervise and manage your own, junior, team
- Ability to self-manage
- Financial awareness and desire to genuinely add to the profitability of the current office performance
- Ability to use all aspects of Microsoft office and Tekla Tedds. We also use SCIA, A3D Max, IDEA Statica and the candidate should have the ability to complete hand calculations when necessary.
- Engage and work proactively with the current team to develop the core business and work collaboratively with Architects, Builders and Developers.
- Team orientated, family atmosphere
- Genuine support for professional advancement
- Mentoring support