Role: Structural Engineer, Full Time, Permanent.
Background to appointment:
GCA Consulting are a well-established multi-disciplinary firm, with a diverse workload of £1-15m schemes. We have a vacancy for a project support role delivering Structural Engineering designs across a diverse workload of schemes.
Work would be undertaken under the direction of a Structural Director. We seek a candidate with experience of design in all materials, to make a valuable contribution in delivering a wide range of interesting, varied regional projects.
The role would suit an experienced (3 years) technical engineer with ambitions to progress their career within a small team and supportive company culture. Full support will be provided to achieve their potential within a supportive and friendly environment. Experience of working on high profile residential schemes is desirable.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities associated with the role are as follows:
- Providing detailed technical input and ensuring quality of work output on projects requiring Detailed Structural Engineering Design.
- Report writing.
- To be involved in business development with a focus on the quality and interest of new business.
- Managing projects with confidence to work with some autonomously.
- To support the Director in ensuring that the project is undertaken to the specified budget.
Candidates should meet the majority of the following criteria:
- Expertise in a range of relevant analytical software packages.
- Recent experience of detailed design for a variety of Structural Projects, specifically residential.
- Ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written English communication skills.
- Ability to work in a small, dynamic team environment.
- Ability to liaise directly with client and with other consultants/suppliers.
- Ability to market the company’s expertise and extend the client base.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to take part in project-related discussions.
- Ability to use experience from other projects.
- Commitment to producing high quality work and to promoting the reputation of the company.
- Commitment to continuous professional development.
- In possession of, or working towards Chartership of the Institution of Structural Engineers.
GCA are able to offer the successful candidate the following:
- A wide variety of project work, and an interesting workload.
- Significant opportunities within a growing company.
- A competitive salary
- Pension contributions
- High quality mentoring from experienced colleagues, and assistance in delivering workload from able, conscientious junior staff.
- Delightful, rural office accommodation with on-site parking.