Location: East and West Midlands
Role: Structural Engineer, Structural surveyor, Part to Full Time.
Background to appointment:
GCA Consulting are a well-established multi-disciplinary firm, with a diverse workload. We have a vacancy for an experienced Structural Engineer with the ability to undertake surveys of a wide range of interesting structures across the East and West Midlands, as well as occasional national projects.
Work would be undertaken under the direction of a Structural Director, but would involve a high degree of independence.
A part-time or contract role would be considered for the right candidate.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities associated with the role are as follows:
- Providing detailed technical reports on the condition and defects of existing structures.
- Making recommendation for additional specialist surveys
- Making recommendations for remedial works
- Inspecting remedial works for conformity
- Undertaking calculations when required to demonstrate the suitability of alterations or existing structures.
- Managing projects autonomously.
- To liaise with the client to agree timescales, access and methodologies for surveys.
- To have excellence awareness of site safety issues.
Candidates should meet the majority of the following criteria:
- Recent experience of detailed report writing for a variety of Structural Projects.
- Ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written English communication skills.
- Ability to supervise the work of more junior staff and sub-consultants.
- Ability to liaise directly with clients and with other consultants/suppliers.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to lead project-related discussions.
- Ability to use experience from other projects.
- Commitment to producing high quality work and to promoting the reputation of the company.
- Commitment to continuous professional development.
- In possession of, or working towards Chartership of the Institution of Structural Engineers.
GCA are able to offer the successful candidate the following:
- A wide variety of project work, and an interesting workload.
- Significant opportunities within a growing company.
- A competitive salary
- Pension contributions
- High quality mentoring from experienced colleagues, and assistance in delivering workload from able, conscientious junior staff.