Homebuyers Surveys

Here at GCA Consulting, we provide a range of structural surveys and associated services for homeowners or potential home buyers.


GCA regularly carry out structural surveys for homeowners and landlords. On buying or selling a property some structural movement may be picked up by the general surveyor and they will advise you to call a Structural Engineer.

There are many factors that can be the root cause of structural movement. Our specialists will complete a full visual check to ascertain exactly what is happening to the property.

Once complete a report will be provided which will include commentary on all the elements found, good as well as bad. Our reports will include conclusions and recommendations advising of any work that may be required.

If work is required to rectify the problem we can recommend local builders and, if deemed necessary, we can do a repeat visit to check all required actions have been carried out to a good standard.

cracking brick wall

Our specialist Structural Engineers can advise on all matters relating to subsidence and heave.

We can identify structural problems and provide a detailed, clear report outlining all the issues.