GCA Consulting seek a Structural Engineer with either existing experience of working with listed and historic buildings, or a strong interest in transferring into this area. This is a rare opportunity to work with a growing practice on a wide range of interesting and challenging projects. Full training and support will be available for the successful candidate, especially where transferring from general Structural Engineering.
The role will be located at our Derby office, and include a mixture of site visits, inspections and in-office design work with a talented and friendly team.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a good technical knowledge of Structural Design methods and analysis.
- Have excellent report writing and written English skills.
- Be able to produce accurate, detailed and high quality information.
- Be diligent and conscientious in delivering project information.
- Have a driving licence and car, and be able to, and interested in undertaking site inspections.
- Have a strong interest in Listed and Historic Buildings.
Significant additional skills would include:
- Experience of completing Structural Surveys and Inspections.
- Experience with Listed and Historic Buildings.
In return GCA offer:
- Training and support from CARE Accredited and Chartered Engineers.
- Strong opportunities for development.
- A wide range of interesting projects.
A relocation package is available for suitably qualified candidates.
Due to current expansion plans GCA are looking for Structural Engineers to join our teams in Derby and Leicester. We are currently looking for Structural Engineers, with a design consultancy background, who have 3-8 years post graduate experience up to Associate level Engineers. Generous packages offered for the right candidates plus membership of the GCA profit share scheme.
- Design skills to include a wide range of materials including concrete, masonry and steel
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent understanding of the codes and basic principles
- Regular face-to-face site visits and professional project discussions.
- Ability to complete hand calculations when required
- Experience of the structural appraisal process of both commercial structures and domestic housing
- Knowledge of regional geographical conditions beneficial
- Detailed design skills on a wide range of complex engineering projects
- Experience with SCIA 3D modelling beneficial